Textbook rental transactions are governed by different return policies than those for textbook purchases. Books rented for any given term must be returned to the University Store by the day after finals to avoid replacement fees being charged to you. Please check your receipt and/or your rental contract for the due date each semester. The University Store reserves the right to change rental prices and to remove books from rental availability without notice.
Below are the terms you MUST agree to prior to renting a textbook. Please be sure to read the entire contract agreement before renting books.
- All receipts for textbook rentals must be signed in person at the University Store by the student renting the book and the student must possess a valid Monmouth University ID.
- Textbook rentals may be returned with Proof of Drop, Course Cancellation or Written Faculty Authorization for the full value of the rental price paid if the books are returned on or before the end of the Add/Drop period.
- A credit card must be presented at the time of renting to secure the transaction. The card must be at least 6 months from expiring at the time of the rental transaction (e.g. if you are renting in January 2020, your expiration date must be July 2020 or later).
- All rental books must be returned to the University Store by the day after finals for the semester in which you rented the book. Please see your receipt for exact due date.
- If your rental book is not returned by the deadline, a charge will be made to your credit card on file for the replacement cost of a NEW book (even if you rented used).
- You may purchase your rental book at any time during the rental period by paying the difference between the rental price and the retail price of the book when it was rented (e.g. You rented a used book for $42.00. The used retail price of the book is $62.00. To purchase your rental book, you would pay the difference of $20.00).
Please return your book at the buyback line and make sure to get a return receipt from the buyer when you return your book.
Please retain this receipt for at least 30 days.